Chocolate Dipped Kiwi
Peel KiwiStar Kiwis and slice into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices (circles). Set aside for dipping.
Start with ¼ cup chocolate chips in bowl; microwave for 15 seconds, remove and mix. Place back into microwave and repeat until almost melted. Melt chocolate for only 15 second intervals to avoid burning chocolate. Add another 1/4 cup of chips and repeat until smooth. When chocolate is smooth, quickly pat kiwis with papertowl to remove excess moisture, or else chocolate will not stick to fruit. Cover your KiwiStar Kiwis with chocolate however you like!
- Use a butter knife to spread chocolate over half the kiwi and place on wax paper
- Dip half the kiwi into the chocolate and place on wax paper
- Place whole kiwi circle into chocolate and cover completely. Remove by scooping the kiwi circle out with a spoon and place on wax paper
Once chocolate dipped kiwi is on wax paper, before the chocolate hardens you can sprinkle with toppings if desired or leave plain and enjoy! (Refrigerate if not serving right away).
Topping options: crushed nuts, coconut flakes or sprinkles.
* TIP: use first batch of melted chocolate and make more as needed. Microwaving a lot at one time can cause bottom to burn. Make sure to use chocolate quickly before it hardens. A double boiler can also be used to melt chocolate.
- 3 KiwiStar Kiwis
(1 Kiwi = 4 Kiwi circles for dipping)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Wax paper